JDM Original
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JDM Original

A few of my mates decided that we would start our own web site for shows and meets.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recaro seat Service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James SSB

James SSB

Recaro seat Service Empty
PostSubject: Recaro seat Service   Recaro seat Service EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:42 am

First off get all the parts ready and remove the seat from the sub-frame.
Recaro seat Service DSCF0014-1
Recaro seat Service DSCF0001-1

The black cover seen below (Bottom left of seat) covering the hinge needs removing both sides before you can actually access the hinges.
The seat knob just pulls off, no screws on this. It is tight.
Recaro seat Service DSCF0036

(I know the driver seat is a passenger one, I had 2 passenger seats at the time as i couldn’t get a decent drivers seat, All sorted now with a MINT seat Smile

The way to do this is to get a screwdriver or a metal sculpting tool like I used and push out the clips from behind the hinge cover.
Once this is removed the mechanisms are shown.
Recaro seat Service DSCF0004-3
Recaro seat Service DSCF0006-1

Now the kit from capital seating comes with the hinge clasp and the hinge retaining clips and spring washer.
The hinge Clasp, the Black round thing in the picture above on the bottom left and the hinge retaining clip on the bottom right with the spring washer behind it.

The next stage is to remove the 2 spring clips, they just pull off.
Then separate the seat.
Recaro seat Service DSCF0007-1
Replace the spring washers with the new ones and then reassemble it in reverse order, and install the new hinge retainer. (This removes the sideway movement)

Next just unscrew the round hinge clasps and renew them along with the new Screws. This removes the play in the seat when not reclined.
(Add a little locktite to the screws)

Now re install the Covers and its all done.

James.
Back to top Go down

Recaro seat Service
Page 1 of 1